light fingering weight yarn, each ball 50 g / 240 m
Main Colour: 3 balls
Edging Colour: 1 ball
Note that you can optionally knit the stole all in one colour.
Finished size: Approx. 25 inches wide and 35 inches along top edge of each ‘wing’ – stole can easily be made longer or shorter.
Needles – all 3.5 mm (US 4):
24-inch circular or straight needles for main body of stole
32-inch circular needles for picking up edging stitches
one double-pointed needle for working edging
or sizes of all needed to obtain gauge
For shoppers that live in the European Union – New VAT Regulations on digital products
With the Jan 1, 2015 new regulations for VAT (VAT is now charged based on the country of the purchaser for digital products), unfortunately I have had to make a few changes.
For more details please visit the page EU Shoppers
- If you have purchased both PDFs and hardcopy items (books, patterns, yarns), the PDF download is not immediate, as I have to manually ‘complete’ all orders with hard goods. If your order is placed after hours or on a weekend, you may have to wait a day for access to your PDFs.
- For orders with only PDFs, after your order is paid for you will receive 2 automated emails. The first will list all your order details, the second will include in the subject line “is complete – download your files”. Click on the pattern name link in the email to download the pattern, and remember to save to your computer. (link is valid for 24 hours from purchase)
- You will need Acrobat Reader to open and print pattern files.
- Colour is used throughout some patterns and a colour printer is recommended.
- Patterns are formatted for 8.5″ x 11″ paper.
- For charts that are large, they are frequently printed in 2 sections on a page, which can be cut in half then taped together.
- High speed Internet access is recommended as most patterns average in file size from 1 to 2 MB.
If you have any issues with your PDF purchase please email Marsha
PDF Pattern Copyright information
These patterns are for your personal enjoyment. Please respect the copyright and do not reproduce or forward pdfs to share or sell, or knit the designs for sale.
Pick up your needles with confidence with Fiddlesticks Knitting patterns!
Dorothy Siemens is meticulous with her pattern writing and charting so that you can pick up your needles with confidence.
Her detailed instructions will expertly guide you through even the most complex lace knitting patterns – for stunningly beautiful results!
Note that all Fiddlesticks Knitting yarns have been discontinued, but you can find suggestions for substitutions at YarnSub
Dorothy designs with you in mind …
Spend more time knitting and less in prep and technical research
- large, easy-to-use charts – no need to photocopy and enlarge to read
- photos and explanations of more complex stitches or finishing techniques books
Details, details, details = successful knitting
- detailed colour photographs clearly show the knitting
- well-written instructions are easy to follow (note most lace knitting patterns are charted)
- sizing instructions and many charts are colour-coded to make it easy to find your size and keep your place